The student need to know the information about the college in which they want to enroll for a particular course therefore they need to access the information regarding the college and the type of the courses they will offer along with the faculty details will teach the particular subject at this point of time this system comes in light to help the students and their Guardians.
The student needs to engender an account in the system through which he can access the information regarding the college and the faculties. This system is not only helpful for the students but additionally for the staff members who are working in the college they can also access the system to help in their daily work when to submit their reports to the admin at the terminus of the day.
The system disunites the accounts of each user and helps them in securing their information which they aliment into the system. The college management system is a one stop solution which will help each user in their quotidian work. The system automates all the data into the system and preserves it into the database.
The student can get the information of the events which are organized by the college in a year. the details cognate to each event is mentioned in the database which can be accessed by students through their accounts and also they can book their seat for a particular event in which some are chargeable by the management due to the facilities they will provide in the event. If the student wants to participate in an event he can additionally raise query as a participant.
What we can do for you?
If you want an online college management system using any technology like Online College Management System in PHP, Online College Management System in Java, or College Management System using C/C++/Python/PHP or android.
You can contact us and our team will assist you with that. You just need to fill the contact form and get the reply within minutes.
You can read our other post regarding Management System Projects-
The current system is manual in which the staff members of the college do all the strenuous exertion since the admission of the student tell the result of the student. The staff will register the data of each student into the system through manual pen paper model in which it is very crucial to manage document safely in which the chances of error increases.
The student, if he wants to get any information regarding the course or subject then he needs to visit the college manually and then he has to find the counter on which he can get the information. Apart from that if he wants to submit his fees then also he has to do it manually while going to the fees counter after that, he needs to visit the office again to get the slip of his fees deposit by him.
If a student need to modify particular information in his documents which he has submitted in the college then the staff has to search his file manually in the documents which will be hectic and time-consuming process
The proposed system automates all the information into the database of the system which can be accessed by the staff members at any point of time. The student needs to register himself first time into the system then after he can access information regarding the college at any point of time from his residence also.
The system is also helpful for the employees as well as the teachers who are attached with the college because the system provides individual details which will be helpful to them for managing the tasks of the future events and classes.
The teachers can get the schedule of the classes they need to take in a particular week through their account similarly the staff can get the information regarding any student through the automated process of the system.
|OPERATING SYSTEM:||Windows 7 is used as it is stable and supports more features and is more user friendly||Windows 10 and above|
|ENVIRONMENT:||Visual Studio .NET 2003||2019 version 12.7|
|.NET FRAMEWORK:||Version 1.0||Version 4.5.2|
|LANGUAGE||HTML – for coding. CSS – for webpage development. JAVA script – for styling work.||Net brans IDE 7.0.2 or Eclipse Neon.|
|BACKEND:||MYSQL SERVER 2000|
Backend PHP Basics
Entity Relationship Model
College management system provide an overall information about the college if it is accessed by students or any other user to get the information in the college, courses to provide, type of the faculties they have and other related information. This model represents how well the entities are interconnected with each other and the data saved in their attributes are interlinked in each other. The whole system is managed by the admin, he ensures the overall development of the system and makes the system error free. The entities and their attributes are defined below:
The primary actor who takes care of the whole system even all the actors accounts are managed by the primary actor which is the admin. He is the person who has access to control any account which is created in the system and he can also manipulate the data containing in it. The management can consider more than one person as the admin entity to control the system in a well manner. This entity also contains the separate accounts of the admin. The related attributes are as follows:
- Admin_ID: The authorized person who can access the admin account that’s an identity number which is unique from the system.
- Name: If the management considers more than one person as the admin, their names are saved in this attribute.
- Contact No.: To contact the admin at any point of time due to any problem which occurs in the system, their contact number is saved here.
- Email Address: The official email ID of each admin need to be saved in this attribute for any official conversation.
- Gender: This attribute defines the gender of the admin if there are more than one admin proposed by the management.
The people who help the admin in managing the system along with managing the other actors were responsible for the system are the employees of the system. Employees are the people who manage all the ground work and sustain the problems or the queries raised by any actor if they face while using the system. With the help of this entity, the system can manage the separate accounts of each employees in which they can edit their personal information and also their daily work so that they can submit a brief report to the admin at the end of the day. The attributes which help this entity are as follows:
- Employee_ID: The employees will be provided an identity number which is created by the System uniquely for each employee.
- Name: There are many employees who work in a particular firm, therefore the name should be saved in this attribute.
- Contact No.: The contact number of each employee needs to be saved in the system So that they can be contacted at any point of time.
- Email Address: To send an official query, e the email address of each employee is saved in this attribute.
- Designation: The designation of each employee is mentioned in this attribute understand their hierarchy.
There are many events which are conducted by college in a year for the growth and development of the students. This entity holds the details of each event including name, purpose of the event, special guests who are invited for the event, bookings information, participating classes and students and the contact details to manage the event. This entity separate accounts of each event along with the containing details which will be helpful for the user to access the information if they want to organize the similar event in next year. The related attributes are defined below:
- Event_ID: An identity number is attached with each event which is organized by the college to help in accessing the related account.
- Name: The name of each event is chosen based on the theme on which the event needs to be organized sometime it is unique also.
- Organizers: Each individual event is organized by different committee members, the details are saved in this attribute.
- Bookings: This attribute holds the details of how the booking should be done if a student wants to register as a performer, or as an individual.
- Frequency: This attribute holds the details of how many times particular event is organized by the college in a year.
- Contact Details: The contact details of the organisers of a particular event are saved in this attribute.
There are many subjects who are teaching in a particular college depending upon the course enrolled by the students in the college. The subjects are bifurcated in a particular account which saved in this entity along with the other related information like the details of faculty who will teach a particular subject, the course in which the subject is teaching, and other related details. It also contains information about in how many classes a single subject is included in the curriculum. The related attributes are defined below:
- Subject_ID: A Serial number which is also an identity number for a particular subject is saved in this attribute.
- Name: The name of each subject need to be written down in the attribute to maintain a list of the subjects which are teaching in a particular college.
- Faculty Details: The faculties who will teach a particular subject, their details are mentioned in this attribute understand their experience.
- Streams: This attribute holds the details of how many streams of particular subject is teaching by the faculties.
In any college, the employees who teach a particular subject to the students are called as the teachers. They can also manage their accounts in the system in which they can feed the information related to their personal details, they can also view the Roaster of a particular week including the number of the classes they need to take in a particular week. That teacher can also view their salary and leave management. They can submit their daily report to the admin through this system also. The related attributes are defined below:
- Teacher_ID: Each individual teacher will be provided an identity number which is unique to help them in accessing their accounts.
- Name: Each teacher’s official name is written in the attribute for verification purpose.
- Contact No.: Contact number of each teacher is saved in this attribute to contact them if there is any change in a Roaster by the management.
- Email Address: The official email address of each teacher need to be mentioned in this attribute for any official conversation.
- Lectures: The number of lectures Taken by the teachers in a particular week is mentioned in this attribute.
- Classes: A teacher can teach in many classes simultaneously depending upon the need of a particular subject in each class.
The students are the main characters who used the system to get the information about the college, faculties and the type of the courses initiated by the college. After getting the information regarding the college the students can choose the type of the course they need to enroll for their future. This entity managed the accounts created by the students in which the student can get the information about the lectures they need to attend in a particular week along with the faculty retail who will take the particular lectures so that the students can prepare initially for the subject. The attributes are defined below:
- Student_ID: An Identity Number provided by the system to each student while creating their accounts is saved in this attribute.
- Name: The name of each student is saved in this attribute and verified by the documents submitted by student.
- Roll No.: When a student enrolled in my college, the college will provide in roll number which is unique for each student.
- Contact No.: The contact number of each student is saved in this attribute to connect them if needed by the faculty or management.
- Email Address: The College can provide notification alert while sending official email on the email address of each student which is saved in this attribute.
- Residence: The permanent address of each student is saved in this attribute which will be needed to send any document through courier.
- Class: This attribute holds the details of the semester in which a particular is student is studying and the course he has enrolled.
User Interface Diagram:
The front display which appears while accessing the system is the login page which will be shown irrespective of the actor who opens the system. The interface contains options depending upon the actor who will use the system including the forgot password option, and new registration option for teachers, students and employees. The admin can get privilege to access the accounts of other actors also.
After initiating the account each actor will see the dashboard containing the options and tabs according to the actor who need that access in the system. The management will decide the level of access to be given for each actor based on their need and work. It is customizable in the future if the admin need to add a particular option in the dashboard of the other actors. This system does not need any prior training and can be accessed by any user without any problem
The students after registering the account, they can access the information regarding the college including the type of the courses offered by the college, the faculties details along with their experience for a particular subject, the fees which is charged by the college for individual subjects, and other co-curricular activities and benefits provided by the college based upon the rank of the college. There are certain other facilities which can be seen by the students through the system.
Every year, there are many events which are organized by the college for the growth and development of students therefore the details of each event need to be managed and broadcast by the college management which will be flashed in each students account to provide them information about a particular event and the details related to it. The student can also access the information regarding each event at any point of time through their accounts.
This option is very beneficial for the students because they can get the information regarding the number of classes which will be organized in a particular week along with the details of the faculties who will be taking those classes. It will help the students to get ready for those classes initially so that they can manage their studies accordingly. If any teacher modifies the lectures then this information will also flash on the screen of the students.
Every student will pay the fees according to the terms of the college, sometimes the college provides an opportunity for the students to submit their fees in terms and after a brief period. Therefore the fees management teacher student can we access to by the students through their portal and which they can view the remaining fees which they need to pay before the last date. The system also send notification alert on the email address and contact number of the student to pay the fees within due time.
After managing all the information in the accounts, the system saves the changes made by the user in real time so that due to any error if the account closed without any priority request the changes can be saved in no time. After modifying all the information in the system the user can logout from the system and secure the information they have feed into the accounts.